At the end of every year and the beginning of a New Year I like to look back and reflect on all that has happened. With every passing year I realize more and more how important it is to review not only the year but also yourself. It’s no secret everyone is relieved 2016 is over. I’m not the only one who has had a chuckle over those hilarious memes that represented 2016. Some of them are were just too funny! But each year, good or bad, have lessons to be learned. Bellow are a few things learned about myself in 2016, in no particular order, and a list of things I want to learn in 2017!
Things I learned in 2016
- Transition is hard but a good thing. This past year I transitioned into a new job position and it’s taken longer than I expected to fit into a routine. But within the time I was able to discover things about myself and how I function in a 9 to 5 job.
- The “Pink Drink” will never go out a style. Seriously I probably be ordering this drink at Starbucks long after the hype has worn off.
- Marriage takes work but it’s fun when it’s with someone you love. Going on 3 years I could write a book on all the lessons marriage has taught me, and I know there’s more to come. But the best part of being married is when you just let yourself have fun together.
- Blogging is one of my favorite creative outlets and I need to stop comparing myself to other bloggers. This is a place to come and be who I am and share what I love with all of you!
- Taking time for myself is important. Recharging and refresh, even if that means ignoring the phone and the emails for a few hours to take a bath and relax.
- Traveling is something I want to do more of! It seems as though I was gone a ton this year, and I was, but I loved every second of exploring a new place. I hope 2017 brings on some new travel adventures!
Things I want to learn in 2017
- To live in the moment
- To be more spontaneous
- Become awesome at time management
- How to be a better wife
- Grace not perfection
- What a massage feels like
- More about graphic design work
Here’s to 2017 and all it has in store for us!