Happy almost weekend! Fun fact every weekend in July has been booked solid for the cowboy and I, actually every weekend in June and July have been booked basically solid. This weekend we are off to celebrate a wedding in our family, and I can’t help but brag my sweet hubs is the best man, because he is the best man 😉
One of the reasons are weeks and weekends are always booked up is because I have a crazy work schedule. But one of my jobs heavily revolves around makeup and I’ve picked up some really fun and interesting facts… like you’re suppose to clean your foundation brush every other day. Even better if you clean it every single day! Why? Because this insures the application of your foundation for a flawless face!
Now makeup companies often sell their own brand name makeup brush cleaner but if you’re cleaning your brushes faithfully you can run through that brand name cleaner pretty fast. This is a trick we use at work and it leaves our brushes incredibly soft and feeling like brand new. Bellow you will find the easiest most cost efficient way to clean your makeup brushes! If you follow me on snapchat (@thecowboyandi) you would’ve seen the video version of this but here’s my step by step process.
Rubbing Alcohol (90% or higher)
All Your Nasty Makeup Brushes You’ve Possibly Never Washed
Let’s get started!
1) Squeeze a dime size amount of dishwashing soap into your cup, fill with warm water.
2) Add brushes, let sit for 5 minuets. Swirl your brushes around to loosen up the months/years worth of makeup stuck inside them.
3) After 5 minuets rinse brushes and cups out with warm water. Once the brushes are running clear under the warm water move to step 4.
4) Pour rubbing alcohol into the cups fill it about a quarter of the way. Fill the rest of the cup with warm water. Drop your brushes back into the alcohol mixture and swirl for 5 more minuets.
5) Rinse brushes and cups. Let dry over night!
And that’s it, it’s one of the easiest makeup hacks out there. And I promise your brushes will feel softer than ever before!
What are some of your favorite makeup hacks?